- Recommended: iPhone 7 or later
- iPhone 6/6plus or later is NFC compatible. However, there is a possibility that some types of IC tags cannot be read.
- Update your iOS to the latest version.
- If you are using iOS13 or later on iPhone X or later, you can read the NFC tags without the third party application.
- OS: version 2.3 or later
- Check your carrier or manufacturer website to see whether your Android device supports NFC.
E.g.: List of NFC compatible devices from AU
The following applications have been tested and proven to work.
Other NFC applications may also be used. Some devices may not require a third-party application to read NFC.
NFC TagInfo by NXP
<Scan the IC Tag>
Using an application
- Download an app
- Open the app
- Tap ‘Scan NDEF tag’
- Hold the top area of the backside of your phone over the IC Tag
Without using an application
- Unlock phone
- Hold the top area of the backside of your phone over the IC tag
When using an iPhone, hold the top of your device on top of the IC tag as shown below.The reading position of Android devices varies depending on the model. For more information, please refer to your device carrier or manufacturer's website.