- Startbahn Cert.'s IC tags adopt a Communication Protocol (ISO14443A). It can be read by the following smartphones that are equipped with a NFC reader.
- Sometimes depending on the smartphone models, IC tags may not be able to be read if the specifications of the NFC reader are changed due to model changes within the same manufacturer. Please check in with your device carrier to see if your smartphone can read the communication protocol (ISO14443A).
- Depending on the position and angle of the reader over the IC tag, or if your smartphone has its cover on top, it may be difficult to read the IC tag. Please check the position of the IC tag and the reader, and try to hold the device as close to the IC tag as possible.
- If the device is in sleep mode, you cannot read the IC tag. Please restart the device and read the IC tag.
- For iPhone 7 and later, NFC readers are built into the top of the device, near the side of the camera.
- Update your iOS to the latest version.
- If you are using iOS14 or later on iPhone 7 or later, you can read the NFC tags without the third party application.
- OS: version 2.3 or later
- Check your carrier or manufacturer website to see whether your Android device supports NFC.
E.g.: List of NFC compatible devices from AU
Scan the IC Tag
- Unlock phone
- Hold the top area of the backside of your phone over the IC tag
When using an iPhone, hold the top of your device on top of the IC tag as shown below.The reading position of Android devices varies depending on the model. For more information, please refer to your device carrier or manufacturer's website.
iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
- Unlock phone
- Open the Control Center and tap the NFC Tag Reader
- Hold the top area of your device to the IC Tag
Using an application
- Download an app
- Open the app
- Tap ‘Scan NDEF tag’
- Hold the top area of the backside of your phone over the IC Tag
The following applications have been tested and proven to work.
Other NFC applications may also be used.
NFC TagInfo by NXP