After an artwork is sold, the purchaser's email address will be required for the Cert. transfer procedures. Please note the purchaser’s email address when the artwork is sold.Please also let the purchaser refer to the User Manual for details on Cert.
How to transfer a Cert.
- Select the Cert. that you wish to transfer and click "Change Owner".
- You will see the following screen. Please fill in the required fields, and click “Next” once you have finished.
- Please enter the email you wish to transfer the Cert. to.
- Please select the type of transfer.
・Primary sales (usually when the artist, galleries and exhibition organizers are selling the artwork)
・Secondary sales (when selling at auction houses)
・Other transfers (e.g., to acquaintances)
- Please write the reason of the transfer if necessary. Here are some examples that you can refer to. Please refer to the example according to your transfer type.
e.g. Sold at a group exhibition at XYZ Gallery (Tokyo) (2020/1/20-2020/1/30)
e.g. Sold at ZZ Sales on Y Auction (Vol. X) .
Sold at XXX Auction, Vol. XX.
e.g., Handed over the artwork to a friend
After entering 1 to 3, click “Next”.
- After making sure your entry is correct, click “Confirm” and the transfer procedure will start.
- The following screen will appear, so click the “Continue” button.
- You will be asked to sign an agreement to record the transfer information on the blockchain. Please click the “Confirm” button. Then, the screen will change automatically.
- When you see this page, the Cert, transfer is successfully in progress. Once the new owner accepts the Cert. transfer, you will receive an email, and the transfer is complete.