After an artwork is sold, the new owner’s email address will be required for the blockchain certificate transfer procedure. Please be sure to have the new owner’s email address when an artwork is sold. In this case, you will need to get the next owner's permission to provide his/her email address to Startbahn.
Also, please let the new owner refer to the Startbahn Cert. User Guide for more details.
How to transfer a Blockchain Certificate
- Click the drop-down in the upper left corner and select your Issuer name.
- Select the Blockchain Certificate that you wish to transfer and click "Transfer".
- You will see the following screen. Please fill in the required fields, and click “Next” once you have finished.
Please enter the email to which you wish to transfer the blockchain certificate.
- Please check if you wish to encrypt the new owner's email address.
*The email address of the new owner of the artwork is required to transfer the Blockchain Certificate.
If the new owner of the work has not registered an account on Startbahn Cert., the Blockchain Certificate issuer must have the new owner's consent to provide his/her email to Startbahn, to protect personal information. If the Blockchain Certificate issuer and the seller of the work with the Blockchain Certificate are distinct persons, please inform the seller of the work that he/she needs to have the purchaser’s prior consent to provide his/her email address to the Blockchain Certificate issuer and Startbahn.
If the new owner does not agree, you can select "Encrypt new owner’s email address" when transferring the Blockchain Certificate. By clicking "Encrypt new owner’s email address," the hashed value of the email address will be recorded on the server, and the transfer can be done without providing any personal information. (However, Startbahn will not send the new owner a "Request for Account Registration" email).
- Please select the type of transfer.
・Primary sales (usually when the artist, galleries and exhibition organizers are selling the artwork)
・Secondary sales (when selling at auction houses)
・Other transfers (e.g., to acquaintances)
- Please write the reason of the transfer if necessary. Here are some examples that you can refer to. Please refer to the example according to your transfer type.
e.g. Sold at a group exhibition at XYZ Gallery (Tokyo) (2020/1/20-2020/1/30)
e.g. Sold at ZZ Sales on Y Auction (Vol. X) .
Sold at XXX Auction, Vol. XX.
e.g., Handed over the artwork to a friend
After entering 1 to 4, click “Next”.
- After making sure your entry is correct, click “Confirm” and the transfer procedure will start.
- The following screen will appear, so click the “Continue” button.
- You will be asked to sign an agreement to record the transfer information on the blockchain. Please click the “Confirm” button. Then, the screen will change automatically.
- When you see this page, the blockchain certificate transfer is now in progress. After the transfer starts, you will receive an email with the details of the transfer. Please note that it may take some time for the transfer to be completed. Once the new owner accepts the transfer, you will receive an email, and the transfer is complete. The transfer completion email may be delivered to your spam folder. Please set your browser to allow receiving emails from the domain "@startbahn.io". Please note that the transfer takes some time to be completed.